CLEANUP LOCATIONS for Yamaha Rightwaters Coastal Georgia Cleanups on World Oceans Day – June 8th
Yamaha Rightwaters Coastal Georgia Cleanups on World Oceans Day – June 8th
10 cleanups in 6 coastal counties hosted by 18 organizations
- CAMDEN COUNTY – Little Satilla River boatramp cleanup: 8:30 AM meet at the Little Satilla River boat ramp on hwy 17 at the Camden/Glynn County line; hosted by Satilla Riverkeeper and Keep Camden Beautiful; contact Satilla Riverkeeper 912-462-5094 or Keep Camden Beautiful 912 729-5999 for more info.
- GLYNN COUNTY – St. Simons Island beach sweep and 41 public access points cleanup: 8:30 AM meet at old Coast Guard Station beach access; hosted by Keep Golden Isles Beautiful and UGA Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant; for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 279-1490
- GLYNN COUNTY – Jekyll Island beach sweep: 9:00 AM meet at Great Dunes Park pavilion; hosted by the Georgia Sea Turtle Center; for more info: email@example.com or 635-4444.
- GLYNN COUNTY – Fancy Bluff Park cleanup (western Glynn Co): 8:30 AM meet at Fancy Bluff Park off of hwy17 near exit 29 (190 Andy Tostensen Road); hosted by Glynn Environmental Coalition; for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 466-0934
- MCINTOSH COUNTY – Champney River Park and boat ramp: 8:30 AM meet at the boat ramp located on highway near the McIntosh/Glynn County line; hosted by Keep McIntosh Beautiful and the Altamaha Riverkeeper; for more info: 912-289-1083.
- LIBERTY COUNTY – Liberty Co boat ramps: Jones Creek Rec area, Riceboro boat ramp, Riceboro Pavilion, Half Moon Marina, Sunbury boat ramp; 8:30 AM meet at any one of the listed locations; hosted by Keep Liberty Beautiful; for more info: (912) 880-4888.
- BRYAN COUNTY – Red Bird Creek and Ogeechee River boat ramps: 8:30 AM meet at the Ft. McAllister State Park office; hosted by Ft. McAllister State Park and the Ogeechee Riverkeeper; 912-727-2339 for more info.
- CHATHAM COUNTY – location to be determined; 8:30 AM; hosted by Keep Chatham Beautiful; (912) 790-1647 for more info.
- CHATHAM COUNTY – Springfield Canal and Bacon Park Canal; 8:30 AM; hosted by Keep Savannah Beautiful; (912) 651-6703 for more info.
- CHATHAM COUNTY – Tybee Island beach; 8:30 AM; meet at Tybee Island Marine Science Center; hosted by the City of Tybee Island, Tybee Island Clean Beach Volunteers and Fight Dirty Tybee; (646) 469-5959 for more info.